My Netgear extender stopped working suddenly. I don’t have any idea what to do to get it fixed! What can I do to get my extender back to work? – Are such queries boggling your mind too? If so, it’s high time that you get all these queries resolved. This post will shed some light on the proven hacks to fix the Netgear extender not working problem within a matter of minutes. Let’s take the plunge.
Fixed: Netgear WiFi Extender Not Working
Solution 1 – Check the Placement of Your Extender
- When you set up your Netgear extender via www.mywifiext.net try to keep your extender in the same room as that of your router.
- After the setup, you can place your Netgear range extender anywhere in the home. However, keep in mind to position the extender away from electronic gadgets such as microwaves, refrigerators, Bluetooth speakers, cordless phones, baby monitors, electrical toys, and a lot more.
- Maintain a certain distance between your Netgear WiFi extender and metal objects like metal doors and aluminum studs.
- Reflexive surfaces e.g. mirrors and glasses and water resources like fish tanks may also interfere with the WiFi signals of your extender. So, keep such things away from your Netgear range extender.
- Don’t hide your extender inside a cabinet, under a table, or behind curtains.
Solution 2 – Connect to the Correct Network SSID
- Be sure that you have connected your devices to the correct network.
- Don’t use open public hotspots or neighboring networks to connect while accessing mywifiext.net web-based page.
Solution 3 – Check All Hardware Parts of Your Extender
- In the event that any of the hardware parts of your extender is damaged, your Netgear extender may stop working.
- If you find any hardware part of your Netgear extender damaged, get it repaired or replaced immediately.
Solution 4 – Cross-Check the Wired Connections
- Remember to check the wired connections of your Netgear WiFi extender.
- Any loose or improper cable connection may not only make your Netgear extender not working but also prevent you from accessing mywifiext admin login panel.
- Be sure that all cable connections are proper or finger-tight.
- Furthermore, keep in mind to check the Ethernet cable you are using. It must be cut-free and non-damaged.
Solution 5 – Update Your Netgear Extender’s Firmware
- Netgear keeps on introducing the latest firmware version for their extenders from time to time. The new firmware updates come with bug fixes, performance improvements, and other new security features.
- Sometimes, it is the outdated firmware that makes your Netgear extender not working. So, make sure that you update your Netgear extender’s firmware to the latest version.
- To perform Netgear extender firmware update, access the Netgear genie setup page using mywifiext.net web URL and click on the Firmware Update button.
- Once done, check if your Netgear WiFi range extender can work properly. If not, move to the next solution.
Solution 6 – Check the Power Supply
- Although this step looks very obvious and simple, yet it is mostly overlooked. There are possibilities that your Netgear range extender is connected to a damaged wall plug due to which it has stopped working.
- That’s why verify whether the wall socket you are using for your Netgear extender is properly working.
- Check the Power LED to confirm if your Netgear range extender is receiving a constant power supply from the connected wall socket.
So, these were our six simple and easy ways to get rid of the Netgear extender not working issue. Which one worked the best for you? Let us know in the comments section.