There are many people in the world that are ace a lot of trouble and challenges due to the most influential spreader of Corona Virus misinformation online. Are you one of them?
Then you are on the right platform. In this blog, our assignment solution help experts will tell you how that misinformation regarding the spread of Coronavirus affected many people.
As the coronavirus has spread in the world, with its misinformation, fake news has also been placed in the mind of common people. The outbreak of SARS Covid-19 novel coronavirus has been accompanied by a large amount of misleading and false information about the virus and these are available online especially on social media platforms.
The emergence of Covid-19 in December 2019, has turned into a global pandemic and it took thousands of lives worldwide. Due to lack of effective treatment, vaccine, proper research, it became ferocious and the spreading of misinformation made the matter worse.
There are many instructions that are available online. Instead of helping the people during this pandemic situation these actually created chaos among the masses.
Below are some of the information spread Corona virus Misinformation widely in social media to get rid of the virus:
- Many people say eating sea lettuce helps us to prevent Covid-19.
- Injecting disinfectant spray in the body prevents the entry of this virus.
- Gargling with lemon and saltwater
- There was news that this particular virus was bioengineered in a lab in Wuhan, China.
- 5G cellular network is causing symptoms of the novel CoronaVirus
- The conspiracy film named “Pandemic” appeared on the OTT platform and within a short span, it gathered millions of views and was shared many times that it became the most widespread example of the spread of information related to Coronavirus.
- Suddenly news appeared that former US President Donald Trump and Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro, have come to the conclusion that consuming hydroxychloroquine is used by many doctors to prevent this disease. Though there is no scientific proof that hydroxychloroquine actually works to cure Covid-19.
- Based on this information, most of the medical companies claimed that consuming that particular medicine can eradicate this virus.
In a survey, it is found that approx half of the world’s population reported exposure to fake news about the outcome of Covid-19. Though the number varies in different countries. According to a report, the people of the United Kingdom and the United States of America believe that this virus is either manmade or has been produced for a particular purpose by some powerful organizations. Among all the sources, YouTube videos are found to be the top videos about the virus-containing misleading information and it reaches more than 60 million views worldwide.
How is this misleading information harming Society?
This misleading information can adversely impact the effectiveness of the containment strategies. People’s risk perception is linked to the adoption of Covid-19 preventive health behaviors. For example, people who believed that the virus was invented in the lab of Wuhan were least likely to report compliance with the Covid-19 guidelines and are reluctant to accept a Covid-19 vaccine.
The phrase “prevention is better than cure” is apt for this purpose. People have to be aware so that they can curb the spread of this misinformation about Covid-19. After reading the whole blog I hope you will get an outline regarding this. If still, you have doubts you can take help from our Assignment helper Malaysia experts among them most are Ph.D. degree holders and for the past few years, they have been serving students in their need. For more updates log on to our official website and check the necessary details of hiring them.