Coming back from office, or in particular from any place, people feel incredibly exhausted. They want to lay in the bed with their AC on. In summers, bearing this heat is itself a task which needs to be fulfilled. The best solution which we feel for us is Air conditioners. As coming back from this deadly, it is the only sole rescuer who can make you feel better.
The market is full of different types of air conditioners. Be it a window AC, a spilt ac, central ac. These functions, accordingly different. You might think that the ac serves as a product to provide cooling. Well, at some point it is true, but it has more important functions than this.
Below are symptoms which might help you to figure out when you should re-fill your ac gas.
AC Is Making Sounds. While working air conditioners makes a little sound, which is not a problem. But when the noise or sound of the ac increases, then there is a chance your ac gas is leaking. Refrigerant leaks like the gas problem can be hard to detect because of the apparent reason, which is, that gas is colorless and odorless. However, when the fluid is escaping the unit or the system, you may notice an audible hissing or bubbling noise that is produced as the fluid is forced out of the unit. This indicates that ac gas filling is required.
- Ice Build-Up On AC System : Many of you might have experienced this, as you could see the buildup of ice on your air conditioner system. This also indicates that you might be running out of gas. This buildup is formed on the line of copper, on which there is the formation of frozen crystals. This usually happens due to the troubles in the evaporator coil. This coil basically allows the refrigerant like gas, to flow through the system. This coil gets too cold when there is the possibility of gas leakage. This not only leads to gas leakage, but it ends up damaging the compressor as well.
- AC Taking too Long to COOL : Generally, Ac provides cooling within 10 to 15 minutes. But there are instances when you find that ac is not providing any cooling. This indicates that the gas of your product is low or is getting leaked. In a comfortable time, ac needs to perform properly, with a proper temperature. When there is no refrigerant such as gas, to absorb the heat of the air being taken into the unit, it will blow back lukewarm air causing it problematic deficiency. To get free from this gas problem, it is recommended to get it checked.
- Electricity Bill Is Increasing Suddenly : This is also a point, where you might get a hint that your gas is in danger, meaning, it’s time to get it filled or re-checked. Now, for instance, your HVAC system will be working harder to cool the air in your home or your office, you are very likely to see an increase in your electric bill as you tend to keep the air conditioner open till the time it gets cold. The lack of refrigerant or gas causes your unit to run longer to cool the space in your home adequately but still there is nothing you can do about. The longer the unit runs to make the room colder, the more you will be spending on cooling during the hottest months of the year, which increases your bill and you end up spending more from your pocket. SO it’s better to get your gas checked. Else, you’ll remain thinking that why your bill increasing day by day is. Hence, these are some few options which you can consider if you feel any disturbance with your ac.
- Charges of Gas : The ac gas filling charges are solely dependent upon what your product is. Different products have different charges. For instance, for the central ac, charges might get a bit high, as it covers the whole house or office. Whereas, split ACs are likely to have a bit less charge than the central one, and just like that the window ac charge will be a little less than the earlier ones. It also depends on what is the main reason for your service. If you are calling up a person to get your gas checked, then there are not many charges included. But when it comes to filling the gas, charges might arise regarding your product. Also, in the market, there are different types of gas which are available for your specific product. Apart from installing ac, one needs to keep it in proper functioning as well. Not only the appropriate functioning but should one also see the gas filling in ac. Gas plays a vital role in an Air conditioner.
- Different products carry different gas in their product : If you are someone who cares about energy efficiency for your home and global warming, go for an Air Conditioner with R-290 or a Refrigerator with R-600A as they consume less energy and gas. The more you opt for it, the more the manufacturers will start using them in their appliances, which will somehow have an impact globally in the market of air conditioners. Hopefully, with stringent standards and better advancements in technology, you will be able to see better refrigerants in the future.